Tuesday, November 17, 2009

notes: how to be a polite pagan when converters are around

Paragraph two:
I'm the sort who can't just brush people off-- especially when there's people who are learning to do what they feel they are called to do, like there was yesterday when I was going to pick up my paycheck and my schedule. I don't like being rude, and I don't want to be sacrilegious to any religion, and I didn't have time to explain just what I felt was wrong about what they were saying or doing, especially not in a public street in front of my favorite wine shop. So I played along. I listened and let them do their spiel, I accepted their little booklet, I let them pray over me and feel the pride of getting through to someone, and then I went on my way.

Just because I have no interest in their giant church or their teachings, doesn't mean I have to be rude to them when they're just doing what they think is right. I've been through that point in my life and I've concluded that it's not for me, and I won't be going back to the Church, but I have no right to challenge their faith, and no interest in doing so.

No comments: